Wednesday, March 23, 2011

First Attempt at Blogging...

     Well, here I am just shy of 4 months into my 60th year and I find myself creating a blog.  Why?  I guess to post things I have written over the last few years from motorcycle safety briefs to short stories that spring to my mind.  Absolutely a novice writer, please do not judge me because of grammar or even spelling.  If word perfect doesn't catch it, you just might!  More accomplished writers out there, but when the 'moment' is there, I can seize the ideas running through my mind and put most of it here where I hope you as a reader might understand. 

     I have no idea how to prioritize the writings that I post other than leave it to the default of the blog I have chosen to use.  I have many safety periodicals written over two and a half years that was published in Gold Wing Road Riders Associations Chapter LA "E" monthly news letter.  I have not published any of those writings as of date, but may someday.   My first attempt at putting my thoughts on paper was a little over two years ago when I almost lost my oldest sister Diane to illness.  This was posted March 23, 2011 entitled "Who Are Hero's."

     My very first serious attempt was "The Mockingbird, and Why it is so Real in my Life!"  This is the longest story I have written in my collection of short stories but basically encapsulates an auto-biography of my entire life.  If you take the time to read this story posted March 24, 2011, I tell the reader(s) what actually encouraged my efforts into putting together those collected thoughts in the very beginning of the story. I guess being encouraged by how I felt about putting my thoughts in ASCII format, I quickly followed with two more stories in March.  "The Cat Burglar," posted March 26th and "Storm Junkies" March 30, 2011.  Both of these are in fact true stories of actual happenings.  If you plunder through them I so hope you find the humor I intended.

     If you haven't noticed by looking at my writings, let me tell you that the Social Networking Site Facebook really encouraged my resolve as many friends would comment on short "thoughts" I would post usually in the morning and occasionally through out any given day.  "The Swimming Pool," posted April 27, found its origins in a similar 'thought' one morning on the 16th of April and ended with a memorial to a very old high school friend.   And finally, "Facebook Quotes of 2011" has been pieced together from many of my Facebook post through out the year.  This is one collection of thoughts that is constantly being massaged so feel free to wonder as you wander through thoughts from my heart and mind.

     I do encourage feedback.  Have no idea where this is going, but it seems toward the end of 2011 I seem to have slowed down my efforts to put my thoughts down.  Let me see how this looks.  Have no idea what I am doing, but with practice and a few mistakes along with many questions, I will find a way to make this blog spot work for me.  I do hope you enjoy them..

Sincerely,

Rod Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment